[ltp] External Video and Xinerama

Michael B Allen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 3 Jun 2003 05:28:45 -0400 (EDT)

On Tue, 3 Jun 2003, Tino Keitel wrote:
> > >has anyone got Xinerama working with 2 different resolutions for
> > >internal LCD and external Video? I tried it with a plug and play CRT
> > >that reported 1280x1024 as the maximum resolution which caused the X
> > >server to use 1280x1024 for both the LCD and the CRT instead of
> > >1400x1050 for the LCD. I'm using an A30 with a Radeon M6 LY.
> >
> > Have you tried my config file, I posted in one of the previous threads?
> >
> > http://user.cs.tu-berlin.de/~gregorrg/t30/XF86Config-4.xin
> >
> > I use it with an external 1280x1024 TFT and 1400x1050 notebook display
> > with a Radeon Mobility M6 LW on a T30.
> >
> > Gregor
>
> I didn't try it because it looks the same like my config appart from
> "Rightof", I used "LeftOf". But maybe I should really try it.

One thing that is strange is that if I have:

    Screen  1     "Screen1"
    Screen  0     "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"

The screens are overlaped (which is actually what I want) and I can get
1600x1200 *but* I have no mouse on one of the screens (at the momemnt
the wrong screen).

If I have:

    Screen       "Screen1"
    Screen       "Screen0" LeftOf "Screen1"

Without the 1 and 0 after the "Screen" Xinerama kicks in and combines
the dispays.

How is this *supposed* to work? That HOWTO isn't working for me...

Incedentally I also noticed that it helps to set the Virtual directive
in the Dispay SubSection to the larger of the two resolutions.

Mike

--
A  program should be written to model the concepts of the task it
maximizes  the  potential  for it to be applied to tasks that are