[ltp] R40 APM Standby and Power-Off not working

Georg Sauthoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:23:19 +0200

On Saturday 07 June 2003 06:52, Ren=E9 Bastian wrote:
> > Another thing is, that the power-off does not work. After shutting down
> > all processes, unmounting and so on, the screen goes black, but the
> > notebook is still running (looks like standby).
> >
> > Perhaps someone has an idea?
>
> as root : shutdown -h now

How else should you initiate a system shutdown?

My problem is, that after the shutdown is complete, the system does not=20
power-off (like this is usual the case on ATX systems). Instead of this, th=
e=20
screen goes black and the notebook is still on power (I have to press the=20
power-off button for 3 seconds to turn it off).

GS