[ltp] R40 APM Standby and Power-Off not working

Martin Hermanowski linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:31:49 +0200

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb

On Sat, Jun 07, 2003 at 02:23:19PM +0200, Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> On Saturday 07 June 2003 06:52, Ren=E9 Bastian wrote:
> > > Another thing is, that the power-off does not work. After shutting do=
wn
> > > all processes, unmounting and so on, the screen goes black, but the
> > > notebook is still running (looks like standby).
> > >
> > > Perhaps someone has an idea?
> >
> > as root : shutdown -h now
>=20
> How else should you initiate a system shutdown?
>=20
> My problem is, that after the shutdown is complete, the system does not=
=20
> power-off (like this is usual the case on ATX systems). Instead of this, =
the=20
> screen goes black and the notebook is still on power (I have to press the=
=20
> power-off button for 3 seconds to turn it off).

Are you sure that apm in enabled?

In your kernel-config, it defaulted not enabled.

LLAP, Martin

--=20
pgp-key: https://mh57.de/cc/view.php?file=3D/martin/pgp

--VS++wcV0S1rZb1Fb