[ltp] R40 APM Standby and Power-Off not working

Georg Sauthoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 7 Jun 2003 23:51:18 +0200

On Friday 06 June 2003 21:53, Georg Sauthoff wrote:
> But I have problems with standby. If I don't genrate user input for approx.
> 5 minutes, it seems that the laptop goes to standby. And then I can't
> return to normal operation. I.e. input to keyboard make no effect.

Ok, now things are a bit clearer.

The screen-blanking after exactly 5 minutes no-user-input is not a standby. It
is the LCD-blanking controlled by the system-bios. Gladly it can be disabled
in the bios.

But returning from a manual initiated standby (with apm -s) and like the
power-off after shutdown does not work. It doesn't matter, if I enable or
disable the "Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off" in the kernel config.

I haven't tested the "Enable PM at boot time" option, because I don't know if
it is generally necessary on IBM Thinkpads.

GS