[ltp] Re: Mandrake 9.1 redhat-sndconfig bug

Mon, 09 Jun 2003 23:38:13 +0000

If you want to find another Thinkpad 380Z PII processor on ebay, search with
MMC-1. I upgraded to a PII 400 for around $95.00. The PII 366 MMC-1 is quite
reasonable. Follow the IBM hardware maintenance manyal for 380Z. Celeron will
not work, unfortunatly.

My RAM is at 161 MB, that's max for 380Z as far as I know. I'm using 128 MB EDO
memory that cost around $65.00 USD.

As far as sound goes, if its working for you why mess with it?

The settings I've posted work with an ethernet card and Microsoft MN-520
wireless Wi-Fi card both in the PCMCIA slots at the same time. The settingw work
equaly good with Redhat 9.0 or Mandrake 9.1.

But if your sound works, why change anything? With Linux, as in all things, if
it aint broke, don't mess with it!!