[ltp] Few Questions to TP R40

Tue, 10 Jun 2003 10:58:25 +0200

On Tue, Jun 10, 2003 at 09:46:43 +0200, Frederic Gaus wrote:
> hi!
>
> I've got some questions to my R40.
>
> First off all, it doesn't power down. Running shutdown oder init 0 it
> says: flushing hda hdc, then the screen blanks but it doesn't power
> down. :(
>
> My secound questions is because of the intern WLAN. lspci says:
> 02:02.0 Ethernet controller: Unknown device 168c:0012 (rev 01)
>         Subsystem: Unknown device 17ab:8310
>         Control: I/O- Mem+ BusMaster+ SpecCycle- MemWINV+ VGASnoop- ParErr- Stepping- SERR+ FastB2B-
>         Latency: 80 (2500ns min, 7000ns max), cache line size 08
>         Interrupt: pin A routed to IRQ 11
>         Region 0: Memory at c0200000 (32-bit, non-prefetchable) [size=64K]
>         Capabilities: <available only to root>
>
> It should be an 54 MBit-Card, I don't know which one. I think there
> exists no driver for it. Which alternatives can I use? Are there any

The last thing I heard was that currently there is no Linux driver
available to the public for any 54 mbit WLAN hardware. However, there
is a Linux based access point that uses an Intersil chip, so maybe we
will see an open source driver in the near future.

> problems with this tcpa-chip?

I don't think so.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG