[ltp] Questions/Pointers for ThinkPad 600 Model 2645-21u

Ross Patterson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:48:54 -0400

On Tuesday 10 June 2003 03:29 pm, MegaBight wrote:
> Can you give me some examples? What will I lose out on if I don't do
> DOS and run
> this PS2.EXE thingy??

Sure - there are a few device-control issues in ThinkPads.  One you read about
often on this list is serial ports.  It appears that tpctl is unable to
activate the serial port unless it has been previously enabled by either
PS2.EXE or the Windows "ThinkPad Configuration" tool.  So, for example, when
I wanted to hook my PDA up to my 600X for serial-based syncronization, I had
to somehow get the serial port enabled on a machine that had *never* run DOS
or Windows.
--
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer