[ltp] Questions/Pointers for ThinkPad 600 Model 2645-21u

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 10 Jun 2003 20:55:01 -0400

On Tue, 10 Jun 2003 15:11:04 -0300
"Adam Southerland" <micah_death@hotmail.com> wrote:

> I can't comment on everything as my laptop is a 760XL... (much smaller
> than yours - 32Mb of RAM =)

My TP 240 is *smaller* - even though it has about 320M of RAM ;)

> DOS - My cdrom isn't bootable and I had no network when I installed min
> so I had to have a DOS Partition to install  - if your CDRom is bootable
> and Bios supports it, then there is no need for DOS (In my humble
> opinion)

It's bootable on a 600-series.  However, you still need a DOS partition
(with or without DOS) for hibernation.  Useful on old Thinkpads with dodgy
batteries.

BTW - used to have a 760XD.  Nice machine, except for the crappy old
UNSUPPORTED modem and sound card.  May it rest in peace. :)

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/