[ltp] Re: Mandrake 9.1 redhat-sndconfig bug

David R. Griffiths linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 11:30:29 +1000

> brianweber4@attbi.com wrote:

>My RAM is at 161 MB, that's max for 380Z as far as I know. I'm using
128 >MB EDO memory that cost around $65.00 USD.

Page 41 of the 380z userguide says that the computer can be expanded to
96mb with a 64mb 60ns edo dram, is this just a dated comment before
larger dimms were available?

I have installed debian on an ibm ps/2 with 8 mb ram, and using top, the
main bug with older systems is lack of ram, cpu is often idle.  I've got
plenty on my desktop and its great.

I have the redhat 7.2 in it for the moment but even though I have closed
down things like network services it still uses as much as 60 mb ram
even without x running.  This is way too much.   When I get time I'll
put Mandrake back in it, and possibly in the future when the next
revision of Debian comes out give that a try.

David.