[ltp] ibm recovery program with multiple partitions

Rudy Gevaert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 11 Jun 2003 08:55:26 +0200

Hello,

I am the owner of a R40, and currently I have two partitions on it:
18Gig for Windows XP and 17Gig for GNU/Linux.

I used the ntfs resize tools to resize the ntfs file system when I got
the laptop. I couldn't make it any smaller because Windows had put
some files on the 17Gig border.

Now I want to make the Windows partition much smaller. E.g. 3Gig.

Can I first remove the ntfs partition, make a vfat partition of 3Gig
and use the recovery feature?

Will the recovery feature leave my other partitions alone and will it
install on the 3Gig partition?

I do not know how this recovery works...

Thank you in advance,

Rudy Gevaert
--
Rudy Gevaert                rudy@zeus.UGent.be