[ltp] Re: Mandrake 9.1 redhat-sndconfig bug

Wed, 11 Jun 2003 12:55:51 +0000

I'm not sure why IBM only lists 96 meg ram as max for the Thinkpad 380Z when it
will take 160 mb.

You can increase the processor to PII 400 max. IBM lists the processor as not
upgradeable!

Also, the 380Z will nicely take a toshiba dvd drive, this possibility is also
not listed by IBM.

It's probably marketing driven more than amything else. But this laptop will
upgrade more than IBM will admit to. This undocumented ability is probably
present in all Thinkpads to an extent, but its wise to wait until the waranty
period has ended! or maybe not!

Brian