[ltp] display, cursor, keyboard hang, T40, RH9

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
11 Jun 2003 13:02:07 -0400

Hello, Otis.

If you're running the original RedHat 9 kernel and not one of the more
recent errata kernels, I think that DMA disk I/O was not properly
supported since the new chipset in the T40p was not recognized.

Try:

hdparm /dev/hda

as root and see if using_dma is 1 (on).

Neil