[ltp] Where do I need to look?

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 10:08:36 -0300

I'm going to start a small project on my Thinkpad that will allow me to use
it at work =)

I need to be able to put machines in a list (61 total as of today) and see
if they are working... They are all on the network and all of MS and
Netmeeting on them.... I need to see if they exists (powered on) and
possibly tell if Netmeeting is enabled or not...

Where do I look for this information? and can Linux use WMI (for the purpose
of looking at MS)

The only thing I can think of is to ping each machine... My scripting
abilities are somewhat limited on Linux (for the time...)

Thanks!
Adam Southerland