[ltp] T40: installation report

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 19:54:55 +0200

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:35:28PM -0400, Joel Ebel wrote:
> 2 things... First, Fabrice, how did you patch memtest?

http://bellet.info/~bellet/laptop/memtest86-3.0.patch

this patch just adds the cache size information for the pentium M
processor.

> I'm also having
> strange problems and I'd like to run memtest on it.  Especially trying
> it on individual modules now.  Do you have a link, or could you send me
> a patch?  Thanks.

I just extracted the 512MB built-in memory module (Infineon, 512MB,
DDR, 133MHz, CL2, ref HYS64D64020GBDL-7-B, no specsheet available
for this module currently), and inserted the other suspect module
instead. memtest86 is running since 90min without problem.

Removing the keyboard to access the memory module is quite easy, no
special screw driver required. Some care with the keyboard connector
is required.

The difference between the two modules, is that the builtin one has
a CL=2, and the other one has CL=2.5 (CL stands for CAS latency, right ?)
Could this explain the problem ?

My next test will consist in adding the buildin memory module in
the extension memory slot. Maybe one module imposes its latency to the
other one. I'll keep you informed.

--
fabrice