[ltp] T40: installation report

Fabrice Bellet linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 13 Jun 2003 23:46:35 +0200

On Fri, Jun 13, 2003 at 01:35:28PM -0400, Joel Ebel wrote:
> 2 things... First, Fabrice, how did you patch memtest?  I'm also having
> strange problems and I'd like to run memtest on it.  Especially trying
> it on individual modules now.  Do you have a link, or could you send me
> a patch?  Thanks.

Okay, some more tests.
Each memory module seems to work fine separately, but they
fail when put together.

The infineon 512MB with CL=2 is the buildin module, and the
supplementary module (10K0032) contains chips from Micron, with
CL=2.5.

1. In the manufacturer configuration, I noticed that all memory errors
were located at addresses above 512MB. After I swapped the modules, the
failing addresses were now below 512MB...

2. The error-bits pattern (the difference between the good values
and the bad values) are very similar for each error : in most cases, this
is 000000ff or 0000ff00 or 00ff0000 or ff000000.

Can anyone with a similar memory configuration confirm this ?

Best wishes,
--
fabrice