[ltp] Hardware-Suspend

Neil Weisenfeld linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
14 Jun 2003 11:52:29 -0400

On Fri, 2003-06-13 at 11:50, Frederic Gaus wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I've got two problems left with my new R40..
>
> first:
> when i suspend by pressing fn+f4 in xserver it works fine. but
> resuspending the cursor only moves very slow when i hold a key. I mean
> the re-enactment is very slow. can i fix this?
>
> suspending while the ac-adapter is online causes an crash. can I fix
> this issue?
>
> secound:
> shuting down my computer doen't work. The last thing i see is "flushing
> hda hdc", then the screen blanks, but there is no power-off. how can
> that be fixed?

Maybe this?

Use real mode APM BIOS call to power off
CONFIG_APM_REAL_MODE_POWER_OFF
  Use real mode APM BIOS calls to switch off the computer. This is
  a work-around for a number of buggy BIOSes. Switch this option on if
  your computer crashes instead of powering off properly.

Maybe you can do a kernel build with this enabled?  I'm not sure if this
is the answer, or if stock kernels have this on, but it's worth a shot.

Neil