[ltp] IDE-Hotplugging

Mon, 16 Jun 2003 10:44:31 +0200

On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 10:36:41 +0200, Frederic Gaus wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> I'd like to change my ultra-bay-cdrom with my ultra-bay-akku. Is that
> possible while the system is running ( i think under windows xp, it
> is supportet, so why not under linux ;-) )
>
> Thank you for tips

I have 2 optical drives and an UltraBay battery for my A30, which also
has 2 UltraBays. When I boot with both drives inserted, go to suspend,
remove the drive in the left UltraBay (hdb), resume, and suspend again,
the machine will hang. I think it wants to do something with the hdb
drive during suspend, which is not inserted anymore. Haven't tried
swaping the drive in the right UltraBay (hdc) yet.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG