[ltp] Re: Thinkpad R40 modem

Thomas Marquart linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 17 Jun 2003 12:20:30 +0200 (METDST)

On Thu, 12 Jun 2003, Florian Diesch wrote:
>  On Thu, Jun 12, 2003 at 06:02:43PM +0200, Thomas Marquart wrote:
>  > I cannot find a driver for the internal modem of my R40.
>
>  http://www.smlink.com/download/Linux/
>
>  It complains about beeing not comaptible but seems to work (at least ATZ
>  works).

thanks, the driver compiles and the module loads into the kernel.
I can dial using pon/poff, wvdial or minicom. I hear the dialing and the
response of the other side which was a voice "wrong number" :-)
After a while using "," for pauses, I figured out, that some(!) digits are
dialed twice! not always the same ones and about half of them.
This makes it of course impossible to get a connection...

I assume this is a driver problem!?
anybody experienced something similar?

greets
thomas
--
War doesn't prove who's right, just who's left.

(Signature generated automatically by fortune)
* thomas marquart * tom@uni-hd.de * http://tom.uni-hd.de *