[ltp] Problems with ThinkPad t40 and firewire pccard

shooz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
17 Jun 2003 20:55:15 -0400

Hi Richard --

Thank you for your help.

> Sounds a bit like my problems on Mandrake 9.0/9.1. I found that
> rmmod-ing the iee1394 and ohci1394 modules, then re-inserting was
> necessary before modprobing sbp2. You might also find gscanbus useful
> (it requires raw1394). Another possibility is that you try it with
> Knoppix (which usually gets things right), and then look at the Knoppix
> /etc to see what they've done.

I tried removing all the modules, ejecting and inserting the card, then
re-modprobing them several times with no luck with either the iPod or
hard drive.

I also tried booting Knoppix and it didn't work there either, although I
could not find a utility there to rescan the scsi bus (that scsiadd -s
or the rescan-scsi-bus.sh does).

thanks for the help!

cheers,
-steve