[ltp] Debian on T40 installation notes

Atul Chitnis linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 20:46:48 +0530 (IST)

On Tue, 17 Jun 2003, Klaus Weidner wrote:

> I've updated my web page which describes my experiences running Debian
> Linux on my T40:
>
> 	http://www.w-m-p.com/linux-on-t40.html

> - how to get 3 mouse buttons working: disable touchpad in BIOS, then all
>   three trackpoint buttons work with the normal PS/2 driver.

Vielen Dank, Klaus!

I have been cursing the touchpad on my T30 from the second I bought it.

Problem was that while typing, my thumbs would accidentally hit the
touchpad, sending the cursor somewhere it wasn't supposed to be - a
surreal experience if you are touch-typing, looking intently at the
screen. :-(

But I have never been able to disable it without losing my middle button
functionality, and if the synaptic driver was loaded in XFree86, disabling
the touchpad in BIOS would break XFree86.

Saw your note, read the page, drove a stake through the touchpad's heart,
and danced on its grave - with both thumbs. ;-)

Thanks again!

Atul

Atul Chitnis       | achitnis@exocore.com
Bangalore, India   | +91 (80) 344-0397