[ltp] Mandrake 9.1 KDE Tweaks

Glyn Kennington linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:08:45 +0100

Tino Keitel wrote:
> > > mplayer does not support Real (Audio|Video) streams AFAIK.
> > Actually mplayer DOES understand the real media file format. I'm not
> > sure it would play STREAMING real media, but it can definitely decode
> > an 'rm' file.  You may however need some of the proprietary codecs
> > found at PLF. I know I usually install bunches of them, and the PLF
> > version of mplayer/gmplayer. The MDK supplied versions may not have
> > the right codecs installed.
> I talked about streams, not files. Playing files will work with
> mplayer.

MPlayer does supports streaming over rtsp:// , so it can play nearly any
Realmedia stream.  However, this feature was added about 3 days after the
last release (0.90), so at the moment, you have to use CVS to enable it.

Glyn

--
Amy goes to school all day,
But at night, in the neighborhood, they call her Amphetamine.