[ltp] Sound issues with 770X

The Captain Falcon linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 18 Jun 2003 15:45:57 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

I'm running Redhat 7.3 on a tp 770X. I managed to get
the sound working with the CS4232 module. When I boot
up the module is loaded successfully but every sound
that plays repeats itself a number of times. So
instead of one beep I get at least 5 - 10 beeps. Also
when I play mp3s the sound repeats itself. It's not
that it gets stuck or anything, it's just like it's on
permanent echo.
Now...this goes away when I do a sndconfig --noprobe,
then select the cs4232 module and leave the default
configs. All of a sudden the echo is gone and sound
works great. I just want to know if anyone can tell me
how I can get the sound set up just right, without
having to run sndconfig every time. Thanks plenty.

Captain Falcon