[ltp] Re: T40 802.11a/b card support - in the works?

Fri, 20 Jun 2003 13:21:20 +0200

On Fri, Jun 20, 2003 at 13:14:40 +0200, Dirk Husemann wrote:
> On 06/19/2003 10:19 PM, Valient Gough wrote:
>

> >A few days ago I got a response from IBM tech support about support
> >for their 802.11a/b card on the T40p.  I've put it on my page at
> >http://www.inyvrag.net/~vgough/suse-t40p.html
> ><http://www.inyvrag.net/%7Evgough/suse-t40p.html> .  Here is the
> >relevant portion, although it isn't clear to me if the support rep
> >means that the unfinished driver is for the Cisco card or the
> >802.11a/b card I asked about:
> >

> >Update 2003-06-16:
> >
> >More digging around. I found paperwork filed by IBM with the FCC for
> >the built-in 802.11a/b card. Nothing leading to drivers, but
> >interesting technical and design details.
> >
> >I've been asking IBM technical support about Linux drivers for a
> >couple weeks, and today got a response that shows some promise - at
> >least IBM is aware that people would like to use Linux on the T40:
> >
> >[...]
>
> Is that a Cisco miniPCI card? like
>
> 02:02.0 Network controller: AIRONET Wireless Communications: Unknown
> device a504
>
> there are drivers for that one available from Cisco (and I've got it
> running on my box, a modified T30).

Hum, does that mean that there is at least one driver for 54 mbit WLAN
for Linux? Or does it support only 11 mbit?

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG