[ltp] Serial port

Richard Jenniss linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 06:18:45 -0600

The BIOS on this thing is pretty basic. I guess I should provide some info on the Device.

generic documentation
http://www5.pc.ibm.com/us/products.nsf/$wwwPartNumLookup/_26352AU

default defice info
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=LWIK-3PGHHN

BIOS
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=EMON-3MGGW8

Found this... interesting
http://www-3.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=DSHY-3P5QW4
Not sure if it applies.

WEIRD....
I went into the BIOS, and I saw nooo setting for any serial ports. I  ran the diagnostics, changed the boot sequence, which was cool because I didn't think I could boot via the CDROM, but now I can.

Anyway, it works now... weird?!?!
I had banged my head on that thing ALL WEEKEND. No beer, no girls, no partying...
It's ok, saved myself a hangover, I got less-sleep than partying, and I find some women to be even more complex.

*sigh*

anyway... IT WORKS!!! WOO HOOO!!!