[ltp] PCMCIA, Kernel 2.4.xx, and Windows 98...

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 09:38:07 -0300

A quick not to you before I have to work...
  I will begin installing Linux and then upgraqding the Kernel to 2.4.xx and
test again - I may not get there until Tomorrow or Wednesday...

Here is what my IRQ thing looks lik: ps2 ? IRQ
Serial-A (3 or 4): 4 (but disabled)
Parallel (5 or 7):  7
Audio             :  5
IR (can be many): 4
Second IDE    : 15
PCI IRQ         : 3   (was 10 and disabled)
CardBus IRQ1 : 10 (was disabled)
CardBus IRQ2 : 9  (was disabled)

Here is another one: ps2 ? PCIIRQ
Assigned IRQ(s): 3

I don't know if the second one is significant or if it's just how it
works....

I have no way to test the USB PCMCIA Card but I do think I know how to get
rid of that error...

When you compile your kernel there is an option: <something> PCI
[bios,<something>,ANY]
At that prompt, type BIOS... The default is Any...

This got rid of that error for me... I still haven't tested to see if this
has solved my Kernel 2.4.xx problem yet...

Your Error is the same as I got everytime...

I'll reply again once I test =)

Adam

----Original Message Follows----
Adam Southerland wrote:
 > I ran it (ps2.exe) and it said CBIRQ1, CBIRQ2, PCI IRQ were all
disabled...
 > I enabled them and windows 98 F.E.... This means my Ghost Multicasting
 > might work now AND the new Linux 2.4.21 Kernel with Built-in PCMCIA
should
 > work now!!! =)
 >
 > I am 'assume'ing this anyhow...
 >
 > I'll be testing as I get free time now!!!

If you succeed, could you tell the rest of us how you did it?  I've played
around with many values of CBIRQ[12] and PCIIRQ on ps2.exe, with both
built-in PCMCIA support and the external modules, and I still can't find any
combination that lets my CardBus<->USB card work on the 760ED.  (PCMCIA
cards work no problem.)  All I get is

PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin A of device 00:02.0. Please try using
pci=biosirq.
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin B of device 00:02.1. Please try using
pci=biosirq.
   TI 1130 rev 04 PCI-to-CardBus at slot 00:02, mem 0x10812000
       host opts [0]: [ring] [isa irq] [no pci irq] [lat 168/176] [bus 1/3]
       host opts [1]: [ring] [isa irq] [no pci irq] [lat 168/176] [bus 4/6]

Needless to say, I *have* tried pci=biosirq, and the only effect is that the
suggestion to try using it disappears, while there's still no PCI IRQs
assigned.

Glyn

--
You can keep your flags and emblems, I don't need them anymore
So just take your age-old hatred and then walk out of the door