[ltp] PCMCIA, Kernel 2.4.xx, and Windows 98...

Adam Southerland linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 23 Jun 2003 14:14:43 -0300

I installed Slackware 8 and tried to compile the 2.4.5 Kernel...

PCMCIA still doesn't work with it (IRQ 0)
it does detect my Network card like before, but without an IRQ it does me no
good =(

Note to self: Remember to run make config before make menuconfig, else
everthing is jacked up =(

I'll try it again tomorrow but I seem to be missing something... Can we
specify what IRQs to probe? that might help... I haven't been successful in
finding how to give an IRQ list to Yenta... to new I think...

Adam

----Original Message Follows----
A quick not to you before I have to work...
  I will begin installing Linux and then upgraqding the Kernel to 2.4.xx and
test again - I may not get there until Tomorrow or Wednesday...

Here is what my IRQ thing looks lik: ps2 ? IRQ
Serial-A (3 or 4): 4 (but disabled)
Parallel (5 or 7):  7
Audio             :  5
IR (can be many): 4
Second IDE    : 15
PCI IRQ         : 3   (was 10 and disabled)
CardBus IRQ1 : 10 (was disabled)
CardBus IRQ2 : 9  (was disabled)

Here is another one: ps2 ? PCIIRQ
Assigned IRQ(s): 3

I don't know if the second one is significant or if it's just how it
works....

I have no way to test the USB PCMCIA Card but I do think I know how to get
rid of that error...

When you compile your kernel there is an option: <something> PCI
[bios,<something>,ANY]
At that prompt, type BIOS... The default is Any...

This got rid of that error for me... I still haven't tested to see if this
has solved my Kernel 2.4.xx problem yet...

Your Error is the same as I got everytime...

I'll reply again once I test =)

Adam