[ltp] LCD

Rob Mayoff linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
23 Jun 2003 23:04:22 -0500

+---------- On Jun 23, Dave said:
> I know this isn't a Linux question, but I'll ask it here anyways. Anyone
> know where I can get a LCD screen
> for a 770X? I CAN'T believe this happen to me. I was just ready to pack it
> up and head to bed and the bloody
> thing fell off the sofa, now there are two cracks on the screen. .....

ebay.com would be the obvious place to look.  You can get an entire 770X
for under $300.  A 770Z isn't too much more.

If for some reason you're really attached to your particular 770X, you
can get IBM to replace the screen. I did that a few years ago with my
770Z (13.7" screen) after dropping a screwdriver blade-first onto the
screen. Cost me about $950...