[ltp] LCD

Charles E Taylor IV linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Tue, 24 Jun 2003 11:49:26 -0400

On Tue, 24 Jun 2003 10:29:18 -0400
"torontodss" <torontodss@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks. I forgot the get the bar code from the laptop this morning. I'll
> look it up
> at IBM and see what info they have on this laptop, maybe it'll give me
> the correct
> info. Or else I'll have to open the display up to get the right info.

There are two 1024x768 screens that I know of - 13.3" and 14.1".  There's
also a 13.7(?)" 1280x1024 screen.  On Ebay, you can either just buy a 770
with the right size screen or look and see if someone's selling a whole
top that's the right size.  I think the most common variant of the 770X is
the 14.1" 1024x768 one (based on Ebay), and that was the one I had.  You
can pick up a replacement lid/screen/inverter for that model for less that
$100.  If you buy the whole lid, the repair's pretty easy since you don't
have to take the whole top apart.

*  Charles Taylor <tomalek@mindspring.com>
*  Chemistry teacher, Linux enthusiast!
*  Web: http://home.mindspring.com/~charletiv/