[ltp] VMware 4.0 serial port problem

Kang Tin LAI linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 18:55:02 +0800

Hi,

My system:

600E
kernel 2.4.20 (slackware 9.0)
vmware 3.2 w2k guest

The serial port was working fine from w2k guest.

After vmware upgraded to 4.0, connected a modem to serial port, and open the
Hyperterminal, set speed to 2400 and send an AT command, AT&V for example, OK,
change speed to 4800, OK but not very stable. For higher speed, for example
9600, totally not working, an overrun phenomenon found. I have tried to change
the flow control, but no improvement. I have to spend time to revert to vmware
3.2, then OK, including 115200. Under linux, serial port is working fine with seyon.

Anybody here with different system and experienced the same problem? Is it a bug
of vmware or just my system's problem.

--
---
Kang Tin LAI <ktlai@hk.net>