[ltp] VMware 4.0 serial port problem

Robert Hajime Lanning linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 07:27:35 -0700 (PDT)

I have a 600x.  Slackware 9.0 (Kernel 2.4.21)

I did not test the VMWare serial port under 2.4.20.

You may need to start with a new VM image for VMware 4.0.  Remember, you
are running the old bios and old VMWare guest OS drivers and an old
VM image in a new VM.  In going from version 2 to version 3 there were
a bunch of warnings of issues in doing that.

(As I do not have anything to connect my real serial port to, my test was
to the Lucent winmodem.  Though the AT commands worked at 115200bps.)

My suggestion would be to try installing W2k in a new VM created with
VMWare 4.0, then test the serial port functionality in that VM.

<quote who="Kang Tin LAI">