[ltp] VMware 4.0 - Activation problems

Tod Harter linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Wed, 25 Jun 2003 17:29:39 -0400

There really is no legitimate way to deal with the problem, except to register
XP on the VM...

The issue is that the virtual hardware just isn't the same as the real
hardware, so XP thinks it has to reregister itself. You would have to run
seperate installs of XP and have seperate licenses to live by MS's rules I
guess.

--
Giant Electronic Brain
Internet/E-Commerce Consulting Services