[ltp] R40 kernel 2.5 and wlan

cxdl linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 17:21:53 +0200 (CEST)

helo.

got my R40 back from repair. the suspend switch needed fixing. ;-|

anyway, one and a half of my problems persist:

i m not able to get a vanilla 2.5 kernel to boot on it. can
somebody give me a clue as to what needs to be done here?

as to wlan:
still using the elsa mc-11 airlancer. on bootup the pcmcia subsystem
beeps the sad beep. (failed to init firmware ..). the orinoco_cs module
is loaded though. when i insert or eject the card (physically), nothing
happens in syslog.

when i start cardinfo, i suddenly read "intersil prism2 11 mbps wireless
adapter". after aimlessly pressing the insert/eject buttons a couple of
times eth1 suddenly becomes available.

all this on 2.4.21-ac3, orinoco-0.13e.

any comments appreciated, thx
xj