[ltp] Re: Linux WLAN with A30p

Frank Roberts - SOTL linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 12:06:16 -0400

On Thursday 26 June 2003 10:30, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 10:24:07 -0400, Frank Roberts - SOTL wrote:
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Thanks. Is there another way (www.ibm.com?) to find this out for
> > > sure?
> >
> > Yes, if your box is dual boot what does Windows do?
>
> It boots. What else should it do?

There should be an icon, actually a number of icons on the bottom right sta=
tus=20
bar that show support for modem, network, wlan et I believe there are four=
=20
but damn if I can remember the fourth one since I habitually use the Linux=
=20
side of this dual box A30P.

One of these icons should allow you to set up the box to work in Windows.=20

Alternately there is a setup procedure if you go throw the Windows Control=
=20
Center.

Setting up wlan and LAN are is something you most likely should do even is =
you=20
don't plan on using it.=20

Unfortunately since I do not have a network I currently do not have network=
=20
setup in either Linux or MS.=20

I have had both working in the past so I know I can get DSL setup in under =
5=20
minutes.

But LAN is not your question on setup.=20

You are interested in wlan which I have no experience in either MS or linux.

I do know that this box is wan capable since I do have the MS icon and that=
=20
Mandrake did install the driver for it.

Sorry at this point I have exceeded my knowledge.=20
I just know of existence.

=46rank