[ltp] Driver for IBM Dual Band mini-pci adapter

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 21:52:34 -0400

There's a driver available today on sourceforge that supports the
Atheros 5211 which is what is in the IBM dual band mini-pci card made by
philips.  I was able to compile and install it fine, and it even shows
up as a device with wireless extensions!  One problem... I can't turn on
the radio!  The only way I know to do this is in windows with the fn-F5
program.  In Linux, that only affects the bluetooth.  If I enable it in
windows and restart, it shuts off.  How depressing.  Anyone with a cisco
card that's working in Linux have a similar problem?  How did you get
around it?  It sure would be nice if we could use this!

Joel