[ltp] How screwed am I?

Ken Restivo linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:32:05 -0700

Thanks! I really *do* want to get this one running again.

As it happens, I took out the hard drive, let the machine dry, ordered a replacement unit, and then just for giggles decided to try booting the thing.

And it booted!  A perfect demo for a TV commercial.

It powered down again after a few minutes, though, so it may not be *completely* dry yet. I'll try again tomorrow.

With the drive in, it refused to boot. So... I'm going to try the drive in another machine and see how fried it is.

I'll try taking out the keyboard next.

If this thing comes back to life, I will become a permanent fan of IBM hardware.

- -ken
- ------