[ltp] Re: Linux WLAN with A30p

James P. K. Gilb linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 26 Jun 2003 19:23:19 -0700

As I recall, my T30 did not have an icon for the WLAN, even though it
was wireless ready.  I bought the mini-PCI card for the T30 and I got it
working in Windows 2K after installing the correct drivers.  (I still
can't get it to connect from Linux with my home network, though).

There is a very simple test to determine if you can use a mini-PCI
wireless card with your Thinkpad.  Take off the mini-PCI cover and look
for the little co-ax cables.  If you cannot find the cables, it doesn't
matter if the laptop has antennas, you won't be able to make use of them.

OTOH, if you find the cables, then it is highly likely that a mini-PCI
card will work in your laptop.

James Gilb