[ltp] How screwed am I?

Pam Huntley linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 00:05:17 -0400

Yeah, ditto that.  I spilled coke on a keyboard once, just a regular one,
and it took like 3 days to dry.

Pam

One thing to keep in mind is that they can take a long time to dry.
Don't give up on it until it has had a couple of days with a breeze
and dry air.

My daughter's husband spilled coffee on his 600.  It works just fine, but
it took several days to dry.  I took it apart, opened it up so that
the air could get in, and put it in a place where it would get a warm
breeze. Just looking at it after two days, there was still moisture
between the membrane below the keyboard and the bottom of the keyboard
mechanism.  I kept him away from it for a whole day after I could see
no sign at all of moisture.  By then it worked as if it were new.

It helped, I'm sure, that he takes his coffee black and unsweetened.