[ltp] R40 kernel 2.5 and wlan

Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:55:29 +0200

On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 20:47:35 +0200, cxdl wrote:
> [Alexander Gran]->[Re: [ltp] R40 kernel 2.5 and wlan]->[03-06-26 20:06]
>
>  |Am Donnerstag, 26. Juni 2003 17:21 schrieb cxdl:
>  |> i m not able to get a vanilla 2.5 kernel to boot on it. can
>  |> somebody give me a clue as to what needs to be done here?
>  |1. Which version are you using, and
>  |2. What are the last messages while booting
>
> ah, i tried 2.5.69, .71 and today .73
>
> it gets as far as

> checking BIOS data
>
> here the screen blanks and the hd light flickers a few times, thats
> it. even if this means it boots at least a little bit, it doesnt get
> to the point of loading the e100 module.

Could it be that you only forgot to enable input support? This is
required for virtual consoles in 2.5. So, no virtual console, no
display, you get just a blank screen, but the system continues to boot.

I also stumbled over this when I tried 2.5, but I don't have the
.config file anymore, so I can not come up here with the exact CONFIG_
variables, sorry.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG