[ltp] Driver for IBM Dual Band mini-pci adapter

Theodore Ts'o linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:47:45 -0400

On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 03:07:23PM +0200, Fabrice Bellet wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:52:34PM -0400, Joel Ebel wrote:
> > Anyone with a cisco
> > card that's working in Linux have a similar problem?  How did you get
> > around it?  It sure would be nice if we could use this!
>
> The radio turns on automatically when the kernel module is inserted,
> and you can use the cisco GUI to turn it off/on afterwards.

Fabrice,

What version of firmware do you have in your mpi350?  I made the
mistake of letting Windows XP upgrade to a newer version of the Cisco
driver, and that silently upgraded my firmware "for free".  Since
then, I haven't been able to get the Linux driver from Cisco to work.
Downgrading to 5.00.03 stopped the "crash the system immediately"
problem, but I still haven't been able to get the driver to work
again.  (It used to work flawlessly --- well almost flawlessly except
for the lack of Linux wireless extensions, but that was a mere matter
of moving code from the airo driver to the mpi350 driver --- a project
which I've stopped since the mpi350 driver is currently not working at
all.)

							- Ted