[ltp] Driver for IBM Dual Band mini-pci adapter

Joel Ebel linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 27 Jun 2003 09:54:18 -0400

Fabrice Bellet wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 26, 2003 at 09:52:34PM -0400, Joel Ebel wrote:
>
>>Anyone with a cisco
>>card that's working in Linux have a similar problem?  How did you get
>>around it?  It sure would be nice if we could use this!
>

> The radio turns on automatically when the kernel module is inserted,
> and you can use the cisco GUI to turn it off/on afterwards.

Apparently this doesn't work the same way then.  The wireless light
never comes on, the txpower is always off or 0 in iwconfig, and I can't
seem to change it to anything else.  iwlist says that there aren't any
valid power levels anyway.  Maybe I can bug IBM into making a utility
for linux to turn it on.

Joel