[ltp] RH-7.3 on thinkpad X30?

Karl Klashinsky linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
27 Jun 2003 09:39:53 -0700

On Fri, 2003-06-27 at 00:58, Tino Keitel wrote:
> On Fri, Jun 27, 2003 at 00:11:28 -0700, Karl Klashinsky wrote:
> > I've got redhat 7.3 installed on my new thinkpad x30.  It works, but I'm
> > having issues w/ suspend/resume... specifically, it seems to lock up
> > and/or kill the XFree86 session upon resume.
> >
> > Any guidance/tips would be appreciated...
>
> Does you X30 has a Radeon chip?

No, it's an Intel i830.  The "Device" section of my XF86Config-4 has the
specifier "Driver i810" (genereated by RedHat install, I didn't have to
run Xconfigurator, nor did I have to tweak the XF86Config-4 file).

>  Is DRI enabled? If yes:
>
> 	http://cpbotha.net/dri_resume.html

Interesting... although not a radeon, that page does seem to be relevant
to my situation (it mentions Intel graphics chips).

I'm on the road now, so will tweak/play when I get home, and will report
back later to the list.

Thanks very much.

--
klash        |       |      Child Logic: An unbreakable toy is useful
            .|.     .|.     for breaking other toys.