[ltp] fn key not working after new install R40

Rudy Gevaert linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 17:47:38 +0200

Hi,

I just installed Debian GNU/Linux on my R40.  During the install I
selected the qwerty/us keyboard.

My XF68Config has:

Section "InputDevice"
        Identifier      "Generic Keyboard"
        Driver          "keyboard"
        Option          "CoreKeyboard"
        Option          "XkbRules"      "xfree86"
        Option          "XkbModel"      "pc105"
        Option          "XkbLayout"     "us"
EndSection

Before I installed Debian I already had Mandrake on it and under
Mandrakes it worked.

I think my kernel keymap isn't correct.  How can I change this and
what keymap do I have to use to get my FN key working.

Because my FN key isn't working I can't adjust the light of the
screen, ...

xev recognizes the FN key.

Thanks in advance,
--