[ltp] Thinkpad buttons on i1200?

Chris Snow linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 11:59:12 -0400

Has anyone been able to get the "Thinkpad" button(s) working on an i1200
series laptop? These are the 4 buttons that are near the power button -
one of them is labeled "thinkpad", and the other three have little
pictures above them.

When this machine used to have WinME, they did stuff. Under linux
(Knoppix, if it matters) I haven't been able to get them to do anything.
They don't seem to return any key scancodes.

>From reading about other machines with "extra" buttons, it seems that
some of them use the nvram device to write button presses. I have been
able to get info. from the audio-control keys (Fn+F9 to Fn+F12) this
way, but no luck with the Thinkpad buttons.

Any information would be appreciated !

Thanks,

Chris