[ltp] (no subject)

Jeff Eidsness linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sat, 28 Jun 2003 20:29:21 -0700

=09Hello, all. I have a strange (albeit frustrating) problem.

=09I'm using a t23 with a docking station, connected to a kvm.

=09When i'm using X, the external video quits if i close the lid,=
 if i open it up, the monitor pops back on.

=09This only happens in X, as i can close the lid in windows 2000=
 and in the linux console. As soon as gnome fires off, the video=
 dies, until i open the lid. Fn-F7 does nothing to change this=
 behaviour.

=09i tried setterm -powersave off, as root, but it didn't seem to=
 want to do that.

=09I've googled, i've searched the mailing list archives (although=
 not the whole thing, the past 6 months) and have come up=
 completely empty-handed.

=09Any help to hints would be appreciated.
=09
=09Thanks in advance.

--
Jeff Eidsness - CIO / Site manager