[ltp] Fwd: T23 external video prob - X/Gnome

Jeff Eidsness linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 29 Jun 2003 00:13:27 -0700

=A0=A0=A0=A0( subjects are a *GOOD* thing :/ )

Hello, all. I have a strange (albeit frustrating) problem.

I'm using a t23 with a docking station, connected to a kvm.

When i'm using X, the external video quits if i close the lid, if=
open it up, the monitor pops back on.

This only happens in X, as i can close the lid in windows 2000=
 and
in the linux
console. As soon as gnome (gdm) fires off, the video dies, until=
open the lid. Fn-F7 does nothing to change this behaviour.

i tried 'setterm -powersave off' as root, but it didn't seem to=
 want
to do that.

I've googled, i've searched the mailing list archives (although=
 not
the whole thing, the past 6 months) and have come up completely
empty-handed.

Any help or hints would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

--