[ltp] Linux IRDA drivers for the X30

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 14:46:31 +0200

On Sun, Jun 29, 2003 at 17:37:06 +0200, Karl Trygve Kalleberg wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I have an X30, the 2672, manufactured 03/03. The kernel irda drivers
> (2.4.20) do not appear to detect the irda hardware at loading time,
> nor have I had any luck with irda-utils-0.9.15's findchip.
>
> I noticed somebody mentioned that the irda subsystem may need to be
> enabled first, and that the tpctl can do this, but afact, this only
> works with the superio chip, which is not present in my model.
>
> Any pointers would be great.
>
> Karl T

You should be able to use the IrDA port in SIR (Serial InfraRed, max.
115kbit/s) mode using the IrTTY or IrPort kernel driver, like described
at <http://www-hft.ee.tu-berlin.de/~strauman/irda-tiny-howto.html>. A
few weeks ago, I tried to use the FIR (max. 4 mbit/s) mode on my A30. I
was able to load the nsc-ircc module after removing some checks in the
hardware detection code. However, I could not test the IrDA function,
but I will try to do that this week with my girlfrieds ThinkPad as a
second IrDA device and let you know about the results and code changes.

Regards,
Tino

--
tino.keitel@innominate.com
dipl.-inf.                        Innominate Security Technologies AG