[ltp] movies on x20

Nils Grundback linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Thu, 6 Mar 2003 23:35:46 +0100

I'm thinking about buying a used Thinkpad x20, the P3-600 model.

I usually watch a lot of movies on my computers so I'm very interested
in knowing how well this works with this model.
So have any body tried to watch divx/xvid and/or mpeg2 (svcd etc) movies
with the x20?

How well did it go, did it drop any frames etc?
What program did you use?
what was the bit-rate and the resolution of the movie?
How is the sound (built in/head phones/separate speakers)?
Does the screen handle fast moving action movies?

I'm also interested in other small ( <2 kg) laptops that work good in
linux and are capable to play movies nicely.

Are there any other things that I should know about the x20 series.

Many thanks in advance

/nils