[ltp] movies on x20

Bartlomiej Swiercz linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Fri, 7 Mar 2003 08:46:40 +0100

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 11:35:46PM +0100, Nils Grundback wrote:
> I'm thinking about buying a used Thinkpad x20, the P3-600 model.
>
> I usually watch a lot of movies on my computers so I'm very interested
> in knowing how well this works with this model.
> So have any body tried to watch divx/xvid and/or mpeg2 (svcd etc) movies
> with the x20?

Hi,
I've ThinkPad 600E with PII/366MHz and 128MB ram. My grilfirend doesn't
have a computer and we alwayes watch movie on my thinkpad :). We are
using to watch divx and dvd, and my machine is enough fast to doing it.
When you buy x20 you'll have a lighting ;)

> How well did it go, did it drop any frames etc?
> What program did you use?
I use mplayer for mpeg, dvix, and ogle for dvd.
--
Pozdrowienia,          //    Keep It Simple Stupid!     //