[ltp] linux mandrake on a thinkpad T30

Gerard van Winssen linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Sun, 9 Mar 2003 12:52:02 +0100

Op zondag 9 maart 2003 09:02, schreef olusola omosebi:
> <DIV>
> <P>hi,</P>
> <P>i own a thinkpad T30, model 236697U. I have just tried mandrake 9.1 on
> it, and everthing seems to work fine,&nbsp;except the internet connection.
> Besides the network works fine too. I just do not know how to go about
> with <a href="http://g.msn.com/8HMXENUS/2728">the new MSN 8</a> and get 2
> months FREE*</html>

Olusola,

First of all, do send your mail in plain text instead of HTML, as you might
see above it ia hardly readable.

On the Mandrake mailinglists there where some threads about having no internet
connection in  MDK9.1.
The solution could be to uninstall the "shorewall" firewall, and replace it by
another one like "firestarter", wich is also on the cd's.
About next week the fnal release of Linux-Mandrake 9.1 will be anounced.
Maybe it's fixed then.
Otherwise, give us A better discription about your problem, error messages,
what happens exactly. So that people on this list can help you.
Just A plain "no internet"could be anything like your internet provider that
went bankrupt. ;-)
--
Gerard van Winssen

Toe aan een nieuwe monitor?