[ltp] OT--600E Harddrive

Ross Patterson linux-thinkpad@linux-thinkpad.org
Mon, 10 Mar 2003 16:28:56 -0500

On Monday 10 March 2003 03:36 pm, Brandon Philips wrote:
> VMWare on a 400mhz PII?

I can't speak about 600Es, but we run VMware on several 600Xs here quite
happily.  These boxes are 450MHz P-IIIs, and we maxed out the memory (576MB:
onboard 64MB + 2 256MB SODIMMs).  It's sufficient for our software
development environment, where we run a mix of Linux and NetBSD virtual
machines for testing and do source-editting using the Linux on the metal.
We've got one user running MS-Windows in a virtual machine, and he says it's
not much fun - specifically that Win98 takes all the free CPU time (which
sounds to me like he didn't install the "VMware tools" on the guest).
--
Ross A. Patterson
Chief Technology Officer